Weddings have become big business these days and technology has taken the concept of capturing memories to a whole new level. What was virtually impossible several years ago has become the norm for your wedding day. From aerial drones, to GoPro’s to selfie sticks the list of options you have at your disposal is endless. In fact, if you are creative and have a wild imagination you can probably incorporate some amazing tools to create some beautiful moments from your wedding weekend. I have come up with a list of three techie trends that you might want to consider for your wedding celebration!!
1. Aerial Drones: Years ago major motion picture studios used helicopters and drones to capture epic cinematic shots for blockbuster movies. Today, drones have become very affordable and are often used for weddings. Think about a beautiful aerial shot of your church, reception facility or even the bride and groom. If your wedding is outdoors, at a castle, a vineyard, or even NYC! We can create a powerful moment that will take your film to heights that Steven Spielberg would be proud of. The possibilities are limitless and can add a magical look and feel to your wedding film.
2. Slow Motion Photo Booth: You’ve heard of a photo booth, but this takes it to an entirely new level. The slow motion booth is an open setup where you dance, jump and move around for 15 seconds. A slow motion camera films you and immediately plays the video back in on a 42-inch screen in, you guessed it, slow motion. Props like bubbles, funny glasses, and party favors make it a blast!! Short videos are created for the guests to download and share on social media. You can even have the entire night edited into a short slow motion trailer.
3. Selfie Stick: Have you thought about putting one or two selfie sticks on each table at the reception? Think about what a blast that would be for you and your guests. Create a wedding day hashtag for instagram and have friends post photos and videos taken throughout the evening. By the time all is said and done, you’ll have some hilarious and fun memories from the night. I remember when we had a house party a few years ago. A friend surprised me with a selfie stick and I couldn’t put it down. Let’s just say I have some fantastic photos and videos from that day thanks to that wonderful selfie stick.😀
Edward Neary is the founder of Joseph Edwards Films. His passion for filming weddings flows through the films he creates. He has 20+ years experience in the wedding industry and loves helping engaged couples with practical advice on planning their wedding.
Subscribe to Edward's blog and follow him on social media for some great tips.
Latest posts by Joseph Edwards (see all)
- Marissa and Ryan’s Mandarin Oriental wedding trailer - December 23, 2017
- Kate and Blake’s NY Palace wedding trailer - December 17, 2017
- Jamie and Jeff’s Pleasantdale Chateau wedding trailer - December 13, 2017
Leave a Reply