I recently filmed the wedding of Marissa and Ryan at Mandarin Oriental Hotel and there was some serious love in the air. Marissa has such an incredible relationship with her mom, dad and maid of honor. Ryan has a very close connection with his mom and dad and it was amazing to be a part of their emotional wedding day. Days like this are such a wonderful gift for me to be a part of because it really is exciting for me because Marissa and Ryan are wonderful people with great friends and family. Marissa and Ryan had the party of their life and it felt surreal because they had the everyone they love under one roof to share in their love.
I recently filmed the wedding of Kate and Blake at Lotte NY Palace and I must say, it was a special day filled with love and laughter. There were so many beautiful moments like Kate’s first look with her dad and the awesome photo shoot we did in the Penthouse with Kate and Blake. We were even able to pull off a cool aerial video clip with our drone. It was a Fantastic day all around and we were just thrilled to be there.
I recently filmed the wedding of Jamie and Jeff at The Pleasantdale Chateau and I must say, it was a magical day. The love of family was so present throughout the day and I was very honored to be there to capture those loving and beautiful moments.
For Ally and Jay, it was a “Say Yes To The Dress.” kind of wedding. You see, Ally works at the world-renowned Kleinfeld Bridal. It doesn’t end there, what’s so Amazing is that Ally works for the globally renowned couture bridal designer Pnina Tornai. They decided to spotlight this gorgeous wedding on TLC’s highly successful show, “Say Yes To The Dress.”
1. What were the theme and colors of your wedding? No theme White, Gold & Glitter
2. How did you decide on this theme? We decided on those colors because we felt it went with the ballroom in The Plaza.
3. How did you meet each other? We meet each other out; we would go to the same club every weekend. Rocco chased me for about 8 months before we started officially dating. During that time we were just friends and really got the time to know each other without any pressure of dating. One day I asked Rocco to go to the mall with me, to get new heels for my sister’s wedding. When I was trying on the heels, Rocco looked at me like I was the most beautiful girl in the world. That’s when I realized I had to give him a chance. We went on our first official date the night before his 34th birthday and ever since then we have been inseparable.
4. How long have you been dating? We were dating for 9 Months officially when we got engaged.
5. How did Rocco propose? It was about a year ago when Rocco proposed, Friday, January 22nd to be exact. We had plans to go to dinner and stay in the city that weekend but that was the weekend of the big snow storm, so we stayed in. Little did I know Rocco still was very adamant about proposing that weekend. I got to his house and we planned to pick up Applebee’s, so I called in the order. We went to go pick it up and I stayed in the car. I was wondering what was taking so long we called over 45 minutes ago. He got back in the car and said he was waiting for my coleslaw, they had forgotten to put in the bag. The funny part is I don’t really eat coleslaw nor did I order it. Still, I didn’t think anything of it. Then Rocco decides he wants to get soup from Ben’s Deli. So he goes into the Deli, I am waiting in the car again for a while, eating mozzarella sticks because I was starving. Rocco gets back into the car; we are driving back to his house. He says “Oh Jess before I forget, there is a huge crack in the mirror upstairs in my bedroom. Have you seen it?” I’m like “No, was the cleaning lady here this week maybe she did it by accident”. Rocco’s said, “No she wasn’t, so strange come upstairs before we eat I want to show you before I forget”. We get back to the house he’s like “Come look at the crack”. All I am concerned about is warming up this food now that’s it was cold. I was putting the food in the oven and he’s pacing back and forth, I still don’t think anything of it since that’s Rocco’s usually hyper self. Finally, I, get the food set up in the oven and we start to walk upstairs. I walk ahead of him and start to notice the hallway leading up to the bedroom the lights are off and we had left them on. I get to the bedroom and I walked right into the door, it was closed. In my defense, Rocco has black doors so it was hard to see if it was open since it was dark and we never close the door. We both laugh and Rocco proceeds to open the door and turn on the lights. That’s when I see the whole room is decorated with flowers and balloons. While we were out his mom and sister decorated the bedroom. Hence why he was buying time picking up food, the reason why it was dark and the closed bedroom door. The ring was on the bed and he looks at me and says “I think I know what’s going on here” He gets down on one knee and says “I love you Jessica, will you marry me?” It was perfect; I was in sweats and a zip up. It wasn’t over the top not overdone. It was both of us being ourselves and I loved that. Now here we are married 9 months later. Needless to say there was never a crack in the mirror.
Jessica and Rocco’s Dream Team:
Wedding Planner: LLG Events
Videographer: Joseph Edwards Films
Photographer: Anthony Vazquez Photography
Hair: Amanda Sela
Makeup: Amanda Sela
Dress: Pnina Tornai
Bridesmaids Dresses: Sparkle Boutique
Veil: Bridal Styles Boutique
Tuxedos: Tuxedo Park
Jessica’s Shoes: Kate Spade
Florist: Louis Konstantinos
Ceremony-: Saint Fidelis of Sigmaringen Roman Catholic Church
Music: Faze4 – The Next Faze
Cake: Sylvia Weinstock
Reception: The Plaza Hotel