Recently, I had the pleasure of filming Frances and Adam’s unbelievable wedding at the Mandarin Oriental in Manhattan. They also brought their Awesome doggie by the name of Jack to the festivities to see mommy and daddy tie the knot!! I have to say that they were both characters and it was a day filled with so much love and happiness.
1. What were the theme and colors of your wedding? No theme just seasonal colors.
2. How did you decide on this theme? The colors of the trees in Central Park. When the seasons’ change & the view of the hotel overlooking the treetops.
3. How did you meet each other? We met in sunny Boca Raton Florida in January 2008. Shocking that 2 Jewish kids from New York City suburbs would both end up in Boca, but lo and behold that fateful introduction to Media Studies class at Florida Atlantic University is where this love story began. Over the next 2 years we had several classes together as we were following a similar curriculum. It wasn’t until a few years later when we both returned home to New York, that we rekindled our friendship, only to realize it was so much more.
4. How long have you been dating? 4+ years
The Proposal: We had finally planned our first big trip to Europe. A fabulous 4 city-3 country tour through the EU. The first stop was Amsterdam. The canals, the architecture, the cheese, but most importantly this trip was planned around the Spring tulip blooms that engulf the Netherlands with acres of color bursting flowers. One of the best places to view this short lived (7-8 weeks only!!) natural phenomenon is at the Keukenhof Gardens in Lisse about 40 minutes outside the city centre. Adam knew this was the perfect place to propose and went the extra distance to capture the moment and through some New York friends, he was put in touch with a local photographer. He and Adam went through months of careful planning in hidden emails and secret LinkedIn message to get the moment, the location, and the atmosphere just right. Well, all the planning and careful maneuvering only lead to a series of hilarious mishaps and miscommunication where Adam’s “secret hidden paparazzi” turned out to be a very tall, very visible, and OBVIOUSLY hired photographer. Once Frances realized she was being followed, (which really did not take very long) Adam swooped in to ease her anxiety and popped the question. On one knee, with all the love in the world, Adam asked Frances to keep his heart forever, and without hesitations, She said Yes! Even though it might not have gone exactly to plan, it was perfect in every way, and perfectly Frances & Adam.
We continued on a beautiful 10-day engagement trip before returning home to New York City to share the news with our loved ones.
A. Planner: Soraya Jollon
B. Brides Dress: Mira Zwillinger
C. Veil: Mark Ingram Atelier
D. Tuxedo: Givenchy
E. Bride Shoes: Christian Louboutin
F. Groom Shoes: Christian Louboutin
G. Makeup Artist: MG Hair and Makeup
H. Hair Artist: MG Hair and Makeup
I. Invitation Company: Ceci Johnson
J. Photographer: Brett Matthews Photography
K. Ceremony: Mandarin Oriental New York
L. Florist: David Beahm
M. Entertainment: Michael Hart Band of Hank Lane Orchestras
N. Wedding Venue: Mandarin Oriental New York
O. Lighting Company: KM Productions
P. Cake Designer: Madison Lee Cakes
Edward Neary is the founder of Joseph Edwards Films. His passion for filming weddings flows through the films he creates. He has 20+ years experience in the wedding industry and loves helping engaged couples with practical advice on planning their wedding.
Subscribe to Edward's blog and follow him on social media for some great tips.
Latest posts by Joseph Edwards (see all)
- Marissa and Ryan’s Mandarin Oriental wedding trailer - December 23, 2017
- Kate and Blake’s NY Palace wedding trailer - December 17, 2017
- Jamie and Jeff’s Pleasantdale Chateau wedding trailer - December 13, 2017
Leave a Reply