Recently, I had the pleasure of filming Jackie and Derek’s wedding at Seawane Country Club on Long Island, New York.
1. What were the theme and colors of your wedding? WHITE! Some navy and silver too.
2. How did you decide on this theme? With the wedding being in December, we had the vision of a winter wonderland.
3. How did you meet each other? We’d love to say what a magical evening we had the first night that we met, but quite to the contrary, our encounter was rather brief. Our now sister-in-law was hosting a birthday party for her brother, with whom Jackie was friends with in high school, and seeing us in the same place, she immediately thought we would be a good match. That night, however, had its distractions, as the birthday doubled as a watch party for a New York Rangers playoff game. Accordingly, we shook hands and didn’t speak the rest of the night, as Derek had his eyes glued to the television. Jackie did, however leave an impression and Derek followed up in the next couple of days to ask Jackie on a date. We immediately connected on our first date and instantly became inseparable, leaving any typical dating games aside, and spending very few days apart and none without talking after our first night out.
4. How long have you been dating? We met in June 2014 – so just around 2 ½ years
5. How did Derek propose? We had a very busy spring with weddings and plans every weekend for a couple of months. Derek told Jackie they were having dinner with his friends from L.A. on a Tuesday night (which made Jackie think nothing of it). Jackie walked into her apartment after a workout class to get ready for it and Derek was standing there with rose petals everywhere. Once she finally processed what was happening and moved towards him she noticed her childhood teddy bear (that she still sleeps with) holding a ring. After Derek proposed their families joined them for dinner.
Dream Team Players:
Wedding Venue: Seawane Country Club
Brides Dress: Vera Wang
Veil: Vera Wang
Bride Shoes: Stuart Weitzman
Groom Shoes: Allen Edmonds
Makeup Artist: Josephine Fusco
Hair Artist: Larry from Aqua Salon
Ceremony Location: Seawane Country Club
Florist: SBK events
Entertainment: Groove Society from Element Music
Photographer: Nathan Smith from Ira Lippke
Cake Designer: Eileen Ehrlich
Lighting Company: Pegasus Productions
Invitation Company: Ricki Skolnik-Dorothy Goldsmith Printing and Party Service
Edward Neary is the founder of Joseph Edwards Films. His passion for filming weddings flows through the films he creates. He has 20+ years experience in the wedding industry and loves helping engaged couples with practical advice on planning their wedding.
Subscribe to Edward's blog and follow him on social media for some great tips.
Latest posts by Joseph Edwards (see all)
- Marissa and Ryan’s Mandarin Oriental wedding trailer - December 23, 2017
- Kate and Blake’s NY Palace wedding trailer - December 17, 2017
- Jamie and Jeff’s Pleasantdale Chateau wedding trailer - December 13, 2017
Leave a Reply