I recently filmed the wedding of Kate and Blake at Lotte NY Palace and I must say, it was a special day filled with love and laughter. There were so many beautiful moments like Kate’s first look with her dad and the awesome photo shoot we did in the Penthouse with Kate and Blake. We were even able to pull off a cool aerial video clip with our drone. It was a Fantastic day all around and we were just thrilled to be there.
1. What were the theme and colors of your wedding? The theme was Blush, Amber, Ivory, Cream, Pink, and Green.
2. How did you decide on this theme? Kate thought it would be a pretty and elegant combination.
3. How did you meet each other? Hinge – dating app
4. How long have you been dating? 3 years and seven months, but who’s counting!! Ha Ha Ha!!
5. How did he propose? It was on a Wednesday night (July 20th, 2016) after work. Blake told me that we were meeting his sister and her husband in Central Park before going out to dinner with them because they had just moved back to NY from Vegas. It sounded believable so it didn’t occur to me anything would happen. I was returning from a meeting in Westchester and told Blake I might be a little late, but that I was going to walk from the subway to the park. Blake insisted on getting me an Uber and when I arrived I noticed how nicely he was dressed. When I asked him about it Blake told me he had a big meeting earlier that day. I then asked him where his sister was, You made me rush and she’s not even here!! Blake told me she was in the park so we proceeded to the bridge where he got on a knee and proposed to me!! I was blown away and shocked and Blake was thoughtful enough to have a photographer there taking photos of us. Blake revealed that our families were waiting for us at the Empire Hotel Rooftop to celebrate with us. When we arrived our closest family and friends were there. It was a night I will never forget.
Dress: Mira Zwillinger from Mark Ingram Atelier
Veil: Mark Ingram Atelier
Bridesmaids Dresses: Amsale, Jenny Yoo and Watters from Bella Bridesmaids
Videographer: Joseph Edwards Films
Tuxedo: Giorgio Armani
Photographer: Fred Marcus Photography
Hair: Stacey Weinstein
Makeup: Chante Cutter
Kate’s Shoes: Manolo Blahnik
Blake’s Shoes: Salvatore Ferragamo
Florist: Atlas Florist
Invitations: Julie Maloof Designs
Ceremony: Lotte NY Palace
Music: Cafe Wha Band
Reception: Lotte NY Palace
Cake: Ron Ben Israel
Jewelry: Suzy B Jewels
Edward Neary is the founder of Joseph Edwards Films. His passion for filming weddings flows through the films he creates. He has 20+ years experience in the wedding industry and loves helping engaged couples with practical advice on planning their wedding.
Subscribe to Edward's blog and follow him on social media for some great tips.
Latest posts by Joseph Edwards (see all)
- Marissa and Ryan’s Mandarin Oriental wedding trailer - December 23, 2017
- Kate and Blake’s NY Palace wedding trailer - December 17, 2017
- Jamie and Jeff’s Pleasantdale Chateau wedding trailer - December 13, 2017