I recently filmed the wedding of Marissa and Ryan at Mandarin Oriental Hotel and there was some serious love in the air. Marissa has such an incredible relationship with her mom, dad and maid of honor. Ryan has a very close connection with his mom and dad and it was amazing to be a part of their emotional wedding day. Days like this are such a wonderful gift for me to be a part of because it really is exciting for me because Marissa and Ryan are wonderful people with great friends and family. Marissa and Ryan had the party of their life and it felt surreal because they had the everyone they love under one roof to share in their love.
1. What were the theme and colors of your wedding? The theme was Modern Romantic. All white florals with tons of greenery (like a secret garden)
2. How did you decide on this theme? We wanted it to feel like our relationship – timeless and romantic!
3. How did you meet each other? New Years Eve weekend as it turned to 2012.
4. How long have you been dating? Almost 6 years.
5. How did he propose? Ryan proposed to me in my favorite place in the world, Paris!! We were exploring the town in Monmarte, visited the Basilica and lit prayer candles together and then made my dream come true by asking me to be his wife. It was the happiest day of my life.
Planner: LLG Events
Bridesmaids Dresses: The Dessy Group
Videographer: Joseph Edwards Films
Photographer: Danny Weiss Photography
Tuxedo: Enzo NYC
Hair: Styles on B Hair
Makeup: Stacie Ford Weddings
Marissa’s Shoes: Christian Louboutin
Ryan’s Shoes: Salvatore Ferragamo
Invitations: Ceci New York
Ceremony: St. Francis Xavier
Music: Hank Lane Music
Reception: Mandarin Oriental Hotel
Cake: Ron Ben Israel
Edward Neary is the founder of Joseph Edwards Films. His passion for filming weddings flows through the films he creates. He has 20+ years experience in the wedding industry and loves helping engaged couples with practical advice on planning their wedding.
Subscribe to Edward's blog and follow him on social media for some great tips.
Latest posts by Joseph Edwards (see all)
- Marissa and Ryan’s Mandarin Oriental wedding trailer - December 23, 2017
- Kate and Blake’s NY Palace wedding trailer - December 17, 2017
- Jamie and Jeff’s Pleasantdale Chateau wedding trailer - December 13, 2017